Why support the Kalamazoo Civic Theatre?
Ticket sales and class tuition only account for 30% of the Civic's annual operating budget. The remaining dollars must be secured through individual gifts, corporate sponsorships, grant funding, and fundraising events. We are grateful to the individuals, corporations, and foundations who support the Kalamazoo Civic Theatre each year. This community of contributors helps the Civic fulfill its mission to the public and remain one of the preeminent community theatres in the country.
When making decisions regarding charitable giving, it is important to know that your gift will be used wisely and will benefit the community in a multitude of ways. A gift to the Civic does just that by assisting us to:
- Provide high-quality performances that entertain patrons and volunteers and offer a respite from everyday stressors.
- Foster vital social connections and bringing together individuals whose paths may not cross otherwise.
- Maintain an extraordinary and vibrant cultural community that catches the eye of new businesses, attracts citizens to our area, and retains current residents.
- Serve as an economic catalyst by attracting patrons downtown and, consequently, supporting local businesses and restaurants.
- Promote tolerance and appreciation of diversity within the community.
- Offer comprehensive educational programs to individuals of all ages - and thanks to our strong scholarship program - from all socio-economic backgrounds.
- Provide opportunities for essential skill development in volunteers and students that, in turn, foster a positive, healthy environment from which a successful workforce can be hired, rewarded and retained.
Whether you would like to make a personal contribution, become a Production Sponsor, attend one of the Civic's dynamic fundraising events, or learn about ways to include the Civic in your estate plans, your answers can be found in these pages. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions. We thank you for your generous support of the Kalamazoo Civic Theatre.
As non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, all gifts to the Kalamazoo Civic Theatre are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
In the spirit of transparency, please click here for the most recent copy of the Michigan Council of Arts and Cultural Affairs Funder Report. This report is generated as a part of the Michigan Cultural Data Project.
With gratitude, we would like to recognize the following grantors for their generous support:
The Dalton Foundation
Your Support Helps
Click Here to View 2015-2016 Impact Statement