Multiple award-winning playwright/director David Mamet tackles America s most controversial topic in a provocative new tale of sex, guilt, and bold accusations. Two lawyers find themselves defending a wealthy white executive charged with assaulting a black woman. When a new legal assistant gets involved in the case, the opinions that boil beneath explode to the surface. When David Mamet turns the spotlight on what we think but can t say, dangerous truths are revealed, and no punches are spared.
RATING: MATURE AUDIENCES AGE 16 AND UP
"'Race' is a play for anyone who finds the issue as complex as it is urgent."
- The Miami Herald
Jack Lawson - DUSTIN MORTON D.C.
Henry Brown - RON WARE
Susan - EMIRRORA AUSTIN *
Charles Strickland - SCOTT HORN
* Denotes Civic Debut
Assistant Stage Manager - DUSTI MORTON
Light Board Operator - JAYCEE MYNER
A1 Operator - REED SHILTS
Director - STEPHEN CARVER
Scenic Designer - APRIL THOMSON
Costume Designer - LIZ HAAS
Lighting & Sound Designer - MAYA ABLAO
Technical Director - PHILLIP A. MILLER
Properties Master - STACY BARTELL
Stage Manager - JACKIE LAYER
Friday, February 28th at 7:30pm
Saturday, February 29th at 7:30pm
Sunday, March 1st at 2:00pm
Friday, March 6th at 7:30pm (ASL Interpreted & Audio Descriptive Performance)
Saturday, March 7th at 7:30pm
Sunday, March 8th at 2:00pm
Friday, March 13th at 7:30pm
Saturday, March 14th at 7:30pm
This production contains very strong adult language and is not recommended for audiences under the age of 16.
Dear Kalamazoo Civic Patrons, Volunteers, Students and Staff,
We are closely monitoring the reports from the Center for Disease Control and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, and are complying with their guidelines.
Your safety and wellness are our priority. We are proactively increasing our efforts to protect you not just from the novel coronavirus, but also from other viral and bacterial infections.
First, we are adopting new procedures to assure a safe and clean facility.
- We have placed alcohol-base hand sanitizers in prominent spots around each of our venues, restrooms and rehearsal spaces. Please feel free to use them often.
- We are providing disinfectant wipes (containing 70% isopropyl alcohol) to clean and disinfect seating armrests, chairs etc.
- Staff will regularly clean all surfaces, doorknobs, furniture and floors.
Second, we know that all of you will do your part to help keep our community healthy.
- Stay home if you have a cold, a fever, or other symptoms and don't come to the Civic unless you have been symptom free for 24 hours.
- If you do cough or sneeze, do so into your elbow or into a tissue or handkerchief.
- Do not touch your eyes, your nose, or your mouth unless you have washed your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or used a hand sanitizer.
The Parish Theatre
405 W. Lovell St.
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
All performances in the Parish Theatre are general seating. We recommend arriving early. Doors open 30 minutes prior to each performance.
Available after 6pm in the Civic parking lot at the northeast corner of Lovell and Park Streets. There is additional parking behind the Carver Center. Street parking is available after 5pm.