Connecting Community WITH Creativity and Care
Communication is merely an exchange of information, but connection is an exchange of our humanity.
UPDATED: May 25, 2021
We all share a tremendous desire for human connection; theatre is simply more fun together! At the same time, we have made a variety of changes to our environment and our programs to minimize the risk of spreading the virus. We believe, it is our responsibility to provide a safe place for our students to learn and grow. As theatre people do; we dug deep, researched, explored our options and crafted a plan! As the situation continues to evolve, we pledge to follow the advice of our local health department and others to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Some things we are doing to take care of our students and our staff include:
- Reduced class sizes.
- Effective June 1st: Fully Vaccinated teachers and students are not required to wear masks. Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated teachers and students must wear masks in public areas and rehearsal rooms. Extra masks will be available if needed.
- Effective July 1st: We encourage unvaccinated staff and students as well as those with health concerns to wear masks. We will have masks available. Masking will not be required. Upon request from parent or guardian, our will provide support and reminders for their child to masks while in our classrooms and camps.
- Teachers and students will work to maintain recommended physical distancing when indoors. To make this easier, our classrooms have spacing marked on the floors.
- Anyone feeling sick will be asked to stay home for the day. Should a student begin running a fever while in attendance, they will be asked to leave until well.
- Basic hand washing and hand sanitizing practices will be encouraged throughout the day.
- Areas will be cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
- Classes will be assigned entrance doors and pathways to reduce contact with other groups.
- Most classes are prepared to move to a virtual format within 3 hours notice. If the class cannot effectively be taught virtually, we will work with participants to reschedule or refund the class fees.
We thank you for partnering with us as we have navigated these uncertain times. The Academy of Theatre Arts encourages everyone to follow all published guidance so that our opportunities to connect with our community may continue to increase. We thank everyone involved in our programs for your flexibility and for managing the daily challenges connected to COVID-19 to ensure a sense of normalcy and connection while building new habits to create a safer community